Friday, August 02, 2013

GL Optics 18-35 group buy starts now!

UPDATE: The group buy is over, but you can find more info about the lens on my store, where you can also order it. Please send me a mail if you any questions about this or other GL optics lenses.

You can start ordering the GL optics Sigma T1.8 18mm-35mm now. Price will be between 2880USD and 3280USD including shipment, depending on the amount of ordered lenses (more details below).

To order, send me on reduser.net a pm or an email with your name + email, paypal, invoice and shipping addresses, what mount you want (PL, Canon or Nikon) and how many lenses you want to purchase. I'll collect the data in a spreadsheet and send it to Nan after the deadline, which is on September 15th midnight PDT. Nan / GL optics will then charge everyone via paypal depending on the amount of ordered lenses and start immediately after IBC to ship the lenses.

Here are the answers to most of the questions which came up on reduser:

1) How big is the focus pull (in degrees)?

It's about 120 degree focus rotation

2) What's the real T stop of the lens? Could you mark the T-stops on the lens instead the f-stops?

The real T stop is 1.8, please check here: http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Sigma-18-35mm-F1.8-DC-HSM-A-Canon-mount-lens-review-fixed-focal-length-quality-in-a-zoom/Sigma-18-35mm-F1.8-DC-HSM-A-Canon-versus-primes

3) Which image circle is covered (at 18mm and at 35mm). Will they cover the 5k Mysterium-X sensor or even the 6k Dragon sensor?

It will cover 5K sensor without problem. You will see the footage later. I have no 6K dragon, so I don't know it will cover or not.

4) If we order ~20 lenses, how fast could you ship them?

I think I can offer 20 Lenses within 5 weeks. maybe earlier:) But there is IBC 2013 at September, So 5 weeks is OK I think.

5) Will the lens keep focus when zooming?

Of course the Lens will hold on the focus when you zoom it.

6) How is the breathing?

I don't change the optical designed. So the breath will not change compare to the original condition.

7) Could you do some test videos incl. focus pulls and zooms?

Yes, you will find the test footage later.

8) Other than PL and Canon mount, would also be a Nikon mount possible? Are the PL and Canon mount user replaceable?

Depends one the order's number. If there are many orders of Nikon mount, I think I can make it. But I can't offer the replace Mount version now. Because it's very hard to hold on the focus on the Zoom Lens. If I offer the replace mount version, I think it maybe will has INF issue...

And, most importantly, here's the price (it's a public offer, so it's not password protected this time):

For 0-25 Lenses, the price is 3200 USD for lens + 80 USD for the cost delivery = 3280 USD.

For 25-50 units, I can offer 3000 USD for Lens + 80 USD cost delivery.

For more than 50 units, the price will be 2800 USD + 80 USD cost delivery.


Also, I asked Nan if he can ship a lens to Phil Holland to make a review about the build quality. There's already one lens in LA for a review. Nan is now contacting Phil about doing some more tests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment