Thursday, March 07, 2013

Side by Side Test - ProLine & Laing

UPDATE: The group buy is over, but you can find more info about the steadicam rig on my store, where you can also order it. Please send me a mail if you any questions about this or other ProLine products. 

There will be a test this Saturday the 9th of the ProLine and Laing units in LA at ProLine's office. I'll update this blog post with all the information, as soon as I get them. If you want to join the test, you can directly contact Luciano at ProLine.

Update #1

Info on the LA side-by-side ProLine and Laing test are posted in this thread. Contact nickmilo for more details.

Update #2

Nick wrote on REDuser

Finalized meet date/time/location:

3:00, this Saturday 2/9 @ Civic Center Park in Irvine.
(Entrance at corner of Harvard Ave and San Juan)

google maps

Two rigs will be there:
Laing/Scarlet: David Winters setup
Proline/Red1: Proline will bring their setup, and we’ll mount my R1 on there, and try a light and a heavy config...

I’ll be filming the whole thing, being sure to capture and compare a lot of the things brought up in the thread. If any RedUsers had any specific requests/tests or things to document on the rigs, please let me know (either on this thread or via PM) and I’ll be sure to cover it…

Update #3

Nicky Milo posted the results on reduser

So, here is the video from the PROLINE / LAING test... word of warning: they are LONG. It's not a polished edit, it was all whipped together rather quickly from a crazy long day of running around and testing -- but I figure, the more footage the better...

I just tried to do my best of getting all the info on there-- the first two are overviews of each system, and the last video is the raw footage straight out of the cameras: No CC, so please excuse the glaring differences in footage, especially the exposure differences towards the end of the day :) -- I just tried to get it done and up...

And two last warnings: I forgot to turn off the IS on my 5D, so yea, please excuse the annoying grinding sound while talking, and b/c there was no audio, I just threw in some M83 over the stabilizer footage, so if you don't like em, please feel free to mute the sound :)

Laing Overview

Proline Overview

Stabilizer Footage

Here is some bonus footage that David put together if you haven't seen it yet - some good BTS footage of the rigs in action :D

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could attend the testing. Can't wait to see the footage. Also, could you send me the pricing code? RedUser is taking its sweet time authorizing my user acct info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg,
      since it's a reduser group buy, you have to be registered there. Send me a mail to kellermann(at)a-better-truth(dot)com with your requested reduser Name, and I'll add you to the list.
      Cheers
      David

      Delete